Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Animal Sightings
Faith bears Fruit. It cannot help it, because it links the soul with Christ, so that the energy of His life pours into it through the artery of faith, and, as it comes in, so it must make a way for itself out. F.B. Meyer

The soul's deepest thirst is for God Himself, who has made us so that we can never be satisfied without Him. F.F. Bruce
Yesterday was a weird animal day for me.  I know, about now you are thinking, “Boy I wish I could drive to work with her every day because I never see the stuff she does.”

It started yesterday morning when I was driving to work I turned the corner where my office is located and I saw something black moving in the landscaping of a business.  I did a double take or repeat look and it was a skunk.  I guess he was foraging for grubs or something but he was a little too close for comfort.  All he had to do was cross the street and he could be in the landscaping at our office and a few steps further he could be under my car. 
After work I had a meeting in town so I drove over to that around 6:30pm.  As I am leaving my meeting I look out the window and there is a rabbit hopping underneath a car parked in the parking lot. This is the second meeting I have attended there where I have seen the same rabbit in the same spot.  Since the meeting had to do with Farmer’s Markets, I am thinking he hangs out there to see if there is any lettuce left for dinner.

So I leave my meeting and I am driving on the toll road and I see this hawk come out of the bushes on one side of the road and he is flying really low.  When I got closer I noticed that he had something in his claws.  He was about 10 feet in the air above my car when he flew over so I could see the legs of the rat he had caught dangling below him as he flew.
I love watching nature because it so closely resembles human nature.  Our amazing God created animals with the instincts that allow them to find food.  One of the things I find so interesting is that God created in them the knowledge that they must go out every day and forage for food.  Their very survival is dependent on it.  Pepe Le Pew can’t just go out one day and find a year’s supply of grubs and decide to retire, and Bugs Bunny doesn’t just happen upon an abundant supply of lettuce that will last for a lifetime. 

God created in our nature the need to survive but we can’t live on food alone.  If we are to live for eternity with Him we must feed our soul.  Our life with God in heaven depends on it.   
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You created everything around me and I am in awe of You and Your Greatness.  As I watched the animals I saw yesterday throughout the day, it was another reminder of Your majesty.  When You fed the Israelites on manna from above, it was to teach them that they could not live without You.  If we eat the bread of heaven we will live forever.  I thank you for providing this food for the soul.     

Scripture:  And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.  So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.  Your garments did not wear out on you, nor did your foot swell these forty years. Deuteronomy 8:2-4
As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”  John 6:57-59

No comments:

Post a Comment