Thursday, July 11, 2013


Water Main Break

If a spring has not been opened in a soul, a spring of living water from God's own Son, no waters can flow and there is no life in you.  G.V. Wigram
Today I woke up a little earlier than I normally do, around 4:15, and I went into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.  I had the coffee ready and went in to take a shower.  I had freely flowing water when I was making my coffee and by the time I turned on the water in the shower it was down to a trickle.
 
So I turn the water off and on again somehow thinking that by doing so the water would miraculously start running faster.  It didn’t happen.  So after turning it off and on several times I started thinking about how things have been going around Texas lately and it dawned on me that there was probably a water main break in our neighborhood.  I took the fastest shower on record.  I think Guinness Book of World Records should be calling me about now.
 
I decided to call the city to make sure they knew about my water issue.  There was another person up as early as I was because when I called at 4:30am, someone else in my neighborhood had already called them.  They even knew the water main break was on my street. I walked out the front door and there was a foot of water running down the street into the storm drain. 
 
This whole incident started me thinking.  We are dependent on water to survive.  I did several things once I realized what was going on.  I started thinking about the things that I do every morning that require water.  Washing my face, brushing my teeth, filling the dog’s water bowl, to name a few.  I immediately filled the dogs water dish, filled a cup with water to be able to brush my teeth because I knew it was only a matter of time before the city turned our water off to repair the break.  I even woke my husband up to see if he wanted to take a trickle shower and he proceeded to remind me that today was his day off so he wasn’t going to be getting up anytime soon to take a shower.  I even asked him if he wanted to get up and go see where the water break was and can you imagine he told me “no”.   I mean just because it was 4:30am, I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want to have the opportunity to get up and see a water main break.  This is an event in my neighborhood. 
 
I then thought about how God blessed me this morning by waking me up a little earlier than I normally get up which allowed me to get coffee made, my shower and to get dressed before the city turned off the water.  My next thought was when I went out to the street and could see and hear the water rushing down the street and draining into the storm drain, how Jesus provides us with living water literally.  This water never runs dry, is never shut off and there is an unlimited supply available to any of us who choose to drink from it.  If we are filled with “Living Water” we will never go thirsty.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I praise you for providing Living Water.  An unlimited supply that never ends.  Thank you for providing this life giving water so that when I believe in you and thirst I can come to You and be filled with Living Water.  I need Your help so that the same Living Water You provide, will flow out of my heart to others.        
Scripture: On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment