Tuesday, July 9, 2013


The Ability to Choose
Many people hear the Word of God, but to some of them it is only words; they do not accept it as the Word of God. What a paradox it is that all creation obeys His Word except we who are made in the image of God and have the ability to choose.  Theodore Epp

I always find nature fascinating, maybe because all of nature follows God better than we humans do in everyday life. 
My dove is back.  Gladys came back again this year.  I like to think that she was a young mother last time when she built her nest in one of our trees.  The tree she chose last year didn’t have many leaves so she wasn’t hard to spot and her nest eventually fell apart. 

This year she chose a tree with tons of leaves and I almost didn’t see her nest it was so camouflaged by leaves and branches.  In reality she probably didn’t want me to see her nest because of the fear I would try to help her rebuild it if it came apart like the last one. That didn’t go so well the last time. 
I started thinking about the above quote in relation to every living thing on earth and humans.  Every other creature and plant on earth obeys the Lord.  Plants grow and produce fruit and animals have young and raise them without any help from us.  We are the greatest life form that God ever created in His own image and we are given great freedom to choose God above everything else in our lives, yet we often miss out on His Greatness because of that “freedom to choose.”

God didn’t create any of us exactly like another.  We are all uniquely made where no other person on earth will be exactly like us.  That alone should make us worship Him in awe. 
If God took such great care in creating us why do we have such a hard time obeying or believing in Him?  I think it goes back to self.  If it is all about us and not all about God then we will never come to understand God’s Majesty and what He created in each of us.       

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I stand in awe of You.  When I look at your amazing creation and observe how plants grow and produce fruit, or animals care for their young, I know the power You have over all of creation.  Help me to remove self from everything I do so that I will always be able to see You.  Thank You for giving me the ability and the good sense to choose You.
Scripture:   For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.  Ephesians 3:14-21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment