Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Behave Like a Christian

“I pray that you will understand the words of Jesus, “Love one another as I have loved you.” Ask yourself “How has he loved me? Do I really love others in the same way?” Unless this love is among us, we can kill ourselves with work and it will only be work, not love. Work without love is slavery.” Mother Teresa

Do you have a co-worker who irritates you?  We all do.  It’s that person who always complains, doesn’t have anything good to say about anyone and gossips about everything going on in the office.  Then there is the co-worker who knows everything.  There isn’t a topic you could bring up that they don’t know everything there is to know about it and are willing to share their knowledge. 

The one thing I need to remind myself of is that sometimes I am that irritating co-worker.  If you don’t work alone and are surrounded by people every day, those are people God has placed in your path so that you can make a difference in their life.  What do you do when that person gets in your vicinity? Do you run the other way or lock the door of your office if you have an office, or maybe duck into the restroom?

There are times when I get so distracted by the responsibilities of work that I forget about the people around me who need a Savior.  God didn’t create me to go to work every day, do my job and go home again, only to start all over again the next day.  Our purpose is to show others who He is and point them in His direction.  Work is a part of life that gives us opportunities to share His love. 

I am not always good at this and I fail miserably many times.  There are going to be people in this world who get on our nerves and irritate us.   We are to be kindly and affectionate to one another with brotherly love, fervent in spirit and serve the Lord.  An important part of serving the Lord is to love one another.  We could use a lot more of that in this world we live in.     


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I don’t always do a good job of sharing who You are with others in the workplace.  I forget to look at the person and instead focus on the irritation.  There are others who need to see You through me and I can’t do that if I am letting them irritate me or if I avoid them.  Help me to show love to others as You have shown me time and time again. 
      

Scripture: Behave Like a Christian

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.


Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Romans 12:9-15

No comments:

Post a Comment