Monday, September 11, 2017

Mission Impossible

The only way the corporate Body of Christ will fulfill the mission Christ has given it is for individual Christians to have a vision for fulfilling that mission personally.  David Jeremiah

I guess I have been thinking about old sitcoms lately because today I thought about Mission Impossible.  In the series Jim Phelps, (played by Peter Graves), is the head of a super-secret government agency called “Impossible Missions” or IM for short.  The show always started out with a tape recorder giving the super secret assignment then the voice on tape would make this statement: “As always, should you or any of your IM force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.  Good luck, Jim.  This tape will self destruct in five seconds.”

I always loved that self-destruct part.  It was cheesy and since I was young it drew me into the drama.  When I started thinking about this old TV show it reminded me of our Christian life.  We are on a mission for God.  It doesn’t matter what you do for a living or how much money you do or don’t make.  It is all about the mission.  The mission should you choose to accept it, is the most important mission you will ever complete in this life.  How you handle your mission can mean eternal life for others.  Think about it.  How we live our life can influence another person’s eternal life.  When I think of eternal some of the words that come to mind are forever, never ending and infinity.  In fact I can’t even comprehend that amount of time even with the words to describe it.

So if we each have a mission, how are we doing in accomplishing that mission?  Every one of us is called to complete our mission.  I guess that would mean we are all missionaries in life.  The beauty of our God mission is that God will not disavow us.  Other people may disavow us but God won’t.  Another beautiful thing about our godly mission is that we have God’s ultimate power in it.  So if we pray to Him for guidance, depend on Him for support and follow through on our mission, we have the ultimate power of our Heavenly Father to help us complete it.  The truly amazing thing is rewards await us in heaven if we complete our mission. 

Are you using your work life, family life and every other aspect of your life to complete the mission God has set before you?  Follow through on your mission in this life and amazing rewards are within reach. God makes an impossible mission possible.
   
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, my mission in daily life should be to draw others to You.  Every Christian has a responsibility to complete the most important mission; helping others know You.  I pray that I handle my mission well and that You will guide me when the mission becomes difficult.  Remind me that this mission is more important than the everyday things that happen in my life that ultimately have no value in Your Kingdom. 
      

Scripture: Light Bearers


Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.


Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.


Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me.  Philippians 2:12-18

No comments:

Post a Comment