Monday, September 25, 2017

The Witness

What an incredible witness it is to a lost and fearful society when the Christian acts like a child of God, living under the loving sovereignty of the Heavenly Father.  Henry Blackaby

God desires for you to be involved in drawing people to His Word through a dedicated life to Him and an active witness for Him.  Paul Chappell

So you are going through life and things happen.  When things happen in your life, good or bad, how do you tell others what happened?   You observe or see what happens and then you describe what you saw.

When I was in college I had a friend who worked for a small loan company.  I went to classes in the morning and got out around noon.  I decided to stop by and see her before I went to work. 

We were in her office talking when someone walked in the door.  We both thought it was a customer.  Imagine our surprise and shock when he pulled a gun and demanded money.  He made both of us lie down on the floor as he proceeded to take the money out of the cash drawer then he left.

As soon as he left my friend called the police.  The police showed up and asked some questions and then another officer called to tell the officer we were speaking with that they caught someone nearby.  They wanted us to go see if we could identify the person as the one who committed the crime. 

At the time this occurred I was scared silly, literally.  I don’t think I could have identified my dog, much less a robber.  The police took me in a separate car from the one my friend was in and asked us to look at the guy to see if he was the one who had robbed the office.  My mind was an absolute blank.  I looked at the guy and thought; I can’t say if that was the guy or not.  We then were taken down to the police station to file our statement. In this situation I wasn’t a very good witness.  When someone points a gun at you, you sort of blank out everything but the gun.  I couldn’t even identify the guy’s tennis shoes. 

How do you become a witness for God?  When you are going through struggles in life; the best way to witness to someone else is to tell others what God has done in your life.  If you aren’t paying attention, you will be a poor witness like I was during that robbery.  God wants us to grow in faith during the hard times in life.  He then wants us to tell others how we survived it.  If we hide our light under a bushel no one will ever see who God is and what He can do. 


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I want to be a better witness of who You are in my life and show others that you exist. Help me to learn from the struggles in my life so that I can show someone else who you are by witnessing what I have seen You do in my life.     

Scripture: But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”  Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment