Wednesday, September 27, 2017

New Phones

Our God has boundless resources. The only limit is in us. Our asking, our thinking, our praying are too small. Our expectations are too limited.  A.B. Simpson

Faith in a prayer-hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian.  Andrew Murray

We have new phones at work.  You’re probably saying “so what”?   Well, the phones were changed out on Friday.  When we came in on Monday we had this nice new phone on our desks that has 22 buttons on it; all for different functions.  Did I mention that this phone is so complicated that we had to have a training class to figure out how it works?  With 22 buttons and multiple user screens, I’m surprised it can’t drive me home. 
  
When I tried to login the first time it asked for a new password.  I entered a new password and a lady came on and told me unacceptable password.  So when all else fails, go to the manual.  Did I aIso mention that the manual is 322 pages long?  Anyway, back to my password.  I tried my old password, made up a new password, tried someone else’s password and I actually got stuck in a continuous loop.  When I was able to get in it kept taking me back to the same message, “invalid password, please try again”.   I finally hung up on her.

The interesting thing was everyone who came in the office stopped by to ask me how to log into their phones.  Like I had time to read 322 pages of instructions and was an expert or something.  There is even a section called the Grand Tour in the manual.  I don’t need a Grand Tour; I need a semester of college to get through the manual. Then there was the whole microphone thing.  When I went to record my name and voice message I would hear the beep and then I would speak into the phone but when I pressed replay to listen to my message there was nothing but silence.  I finally figured out by trial and error that I had to hit the microphone button in order to record my message.

Then there was the Park Orbit button.  That sounds kind of like an oxymoron to me.  How can I park and orbit at the same time?  I stay away from that button.  Another interesting button is the Page All.  This is the one that puts you on the loud speaker so that everyone in the office can hear you.  Another great feature to this multi-talented phone is that now people can call me and since I requested some special feature prior to setup, (what was I thinking), it allows my voice mails to be sent to me by email and it is translated into a wave file that will allow me to listen to my messages from my desktop.  (I read that in the manual so it must work, although I haven’t received a message yet so maybe my messages are in orbit or a black hole). 

When I was thinking about my phone it reminded me that God is always available.  The amazing thing is; I can speak to God by thinking of Him, singing praise to Him and meditating on Him and His Word.  There are no complicated processes to reach Him, no multiple buttons that require a college degree to understand and the Manual is pretty straightforward.  Follow Me. Love Me.  Believe in Me.  Accept Me.  How amazing is it that we can have eternal life and it is easy if we believe. You don’t need a special wave file to be able to communicate with our Heavenly Father.  Trust in Him, believe in Him and talk to Him.  He is there waiting to hear from you.  
  
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, as I tried to figure out how to operate my telephone, it brought thoughts of You to mind. I praise You for allowing me to communicate with You directly.  Some of my best conversations are those I have with You.  You are my Savior and Redeemer.  Thank you for loving me enough to save me and I praise You for answering my prayers. 
      

Scripture: Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.  Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, for to You I will pray.  My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.  Psalm 5:1-3


But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.  For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:11-12


I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. Psalm 7:17


 

No comments:

Post a Comment