Thursday, September 7, 2017

Reaping a Rich Harvest

Do not lose yourself in your everyday work and activities. Rather, lose yourself in God. When you are doing work, let your innermost heart be centered on Him. Live in His presence and abide in Him. Then your work will follow you into eternity, and you will reap a rich harvest.  Basilea Schlink

So yesterday I was driving home from work and talking to my husband on the phone.  Most of you have read my devotionals about the issues I have with the drive-thru pharmacy.  I don’t think they should call it the drive-thru; it should really be called the “Stop and Stay Awhile”. 

At the end of our conversation he stopped and said, “Would you do me a favor?”  Before he could even say what the favor was I said, “You need me to go pick up your prescription?” I am not the only one who has had issues with the pharmacy; it is a close race as to which one of us has had the worst experience. Between the text messages we receive from the pharmacy telling us our prescriptions are ready and driving to pick it up and they aren't, to the wobbly prescription delivery box throwing my prescription at me and it landing next to my car on the pavement where I can’t get to it; is it any surprise that I hate picking up prescriptions.  Every time I say something to someone about the issues I have and say I am going to change to another pharmacy; they tell me the one they use is just as bad.  I guess I should just order the 90 day supply and that way I only have to deal with this every three months. I have started taking my Kindle with me so I have something to do while I am sitting in line.

Is it just me or has customer service gone by the wayside?  When you have to choose between bad and worse when dealing with companies; something is definitely wrong. It’s not just customer service either.  We have forgotten how to be kind and helpful.  It is like the never ending cycle we are all in.  It’s like stepping on the merry-go-round and not being able to get off. Our days are so busy and full that we don’t have any quiet time to just sit or spend time with God.  Is it any wonder that we get aggravated with the pharmacy and everyone else in our life.

How do I get out of this cycle?  I need to lose myself in God.  My focus should be on Him every day.  This means I live as Jesus did while he was here.  God always does the unexpected when we follow Him. When we follow Him, He is going to do things in our life that will amaze and astound us and He will help us reap a rich harvest for Him.  


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am guilty of forgetting that You provide for my needs.  I start buying into the worldly view that if I work harder, spend more, give up more of my time to worldly pursuits then I will be successful by the world’s standards.  I know in my heart what I should do. Every person on earth has exactly the same amount of time in their day.  We can’t make more time, find more time or buy more time.  Help me to give up the unimportant things in my life that keep me from doing Your will and follow You.      
      

Scripture: The Workers Are Few

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:35-38


 

No comments:

Post a Comment