Tuesday, August 5, 2014

If You Ever Have Forever In Mind

Such was God's original love for man that He was willing to stoop to any sacrifice to save him; and the gift of a Savior was the mere expression of that love. Albert Barnes

I am a fan of country music.  My husband and I love to dance and we have for years.  I think one of the things about dancing with my husband is that I can lose myself in the music when I am moving around the dance floor.  I’m not talking about fast dancing.  We shuffle which is a partner dance.  I can step into my husband’s arms and I don’t even have to think about the next step.  It just flows.  It is like we are immediately in sync with each other.
 
Maybe this is why I love music so much.  There is a song that I have on my iPod by Vince Gill called “If You Ever Have Forever In Mind”.  I was listening to this song on my way to work and it struck me how some of the words in this song portray the love God has for us. I will walk you through the verses of this love song and see if you can picture God in it. 

The first verse goes like this:  “You’re climbing mountains, I’m on a hill, You’re always running, I’m standing still, You live for the moment, no future no past, I may be a fool to love by the rules and want it to last.”  Doesn’t this sound like us?  We are so busy climbing the next mountain and God is standing on the hill waiting.  We live for the moment instead of living for eternity.  God loves by the rules because he wants it to last for eternity.

The second verse is: “If you ever have forever in mind, I’ll be here and easy to find, If your heart isn’t ready to lay down with mine, If you ever have forever in mind.”  God is so easy to find and we can have forever with Him.  If we are willing to lay down our heart with His we can have forever in eternity with Him.  
      
The final verse goes like this: “The Music has ended still you want to dance, I know that feeling, I can't take that chance, You live for the moment no future no past, I may be a fool to love by the rules, I want it to last.” Doesn’t this describe how we live life?  We don’t want to take a chance on God’s love so we live in the moment and ignore the future.  God loves by the rules because He wants it to last.  How many times do we stop ourselves from taking the chance?  We look at our life and don’t want to stop living the way we are because it would mean giving up things we have become accustomed to thinking that they will make us happy.  The reality is God has forever in mind.  He is standing still waiting for us to come to Him and lay down our heart for him.  How many times do we pass Him up because of what this world has to offer? 

Do you want an everlasting love that will never stop and one that doesn’t compare at all to the love we have on this earth?  God is waiting and He is easy to find.  Lay down your heart for Him because He has forever in mind. 


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am a sap for love songs.  This song struck a chord with me because it made me think of your unending love.  A love that is so easy to find if we just turn to You.  Your love is the everlasting kind that will have no end.  I pray that others will come to know the eternal love that You offer.  There is no greater love than Jesus dying on the cross so that I can have Your forever kind of love.
       

Scripture: For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment