Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Three Muskateers

God's purpose in redeeming men from sin is not to give them freedom to do as they please but freedom to do as He pleases, which is to live righteously. John MacArthur

Have you noticed that the world sometimes has a different way of looking at freedom?  Remember the battle cry in the Three Muskateers, “All for One and One for All”.  The premise was that all the members of the group support each of the other members, and the individual members pledge to support the group.  The battle cry of the world has become “All for One and One for Me.” 

So what if we reversed this motto and applied it to the Bible?  What would it look like?  “One for All and All for One” is how we should see this motto.  Jesus gave His life for all.  Every one of us has the same opportunity to live for eternity with our heavenly Father. Jesus was the One who paid the price for All. 

If we switch the second part to “All for One” this is the part that requires something from us.  We are to give our “All for One”.  Everything we have in us, everything we do should be focused on giving our “All for One”.  Christians giving their All for God.  This second part of this motto “All for One” means the group, (bride of Christ) as a whole supports each other and in doing so obeys God in all things.    

If our motto has become “All for One and One for Me”, we need to rethink our life.  If our focus is on ourselves then our priorities are in the wrong things and it will block growth in our relationship with our heavenly Father.

Prayer for the Day: Jesus, you gave Your all for me on that long ago day when You hung on a cross for my sin.  I am guilty of not giving my all for You.  Remind me of the reason for Your death.  When I get caught up in things of this world, remind me that there is a critical role I play in life.  It should be to obey God in all things. 
    

Scripture:  The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the Lord


Praise the Lord!


Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.  His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; in that very day his plans perish.  Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them; who keeps truth forever, who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord gives freedom to the prisoners.


The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; the Lord raises those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous.  The Lord watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; but the way of the wicked He turns upside down. The Lord shall reign forever—

Your God, O Zion, to all generations.

Praise the Lord! Psalm 146:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment