Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What Will He Say?

We are sinners simply because we choose to sin or live selfishly. We are never held accountable for what we are not the author of. Ability is always the measure of responsibility. God has given us the ability to direct our lives, either according to intelligence in recognition of our obligation to God and our fellowmen, or according to selfishness and unintelligence in the supreme seeking of our own happiness. - Gordon Olson

Do you ever think about what God will say to you on judgment day?  I will admit that day will be a painful one.  Why?  Because there are a lot of things I’ve said and done in my lifetime that I regret and because it will all be laid out for everyone to see.

Can you imagine it?  Everyone will be standing there and God will look down at you and say, “Why did you say that to your parent when I expressly told you “to obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  Don’t you remember Me saying, “honor your father and mother which is the first commandment so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” 

How about this one?  God looks at you and says, “I thought I told you there shall be no other gods before Me for I am a jealous God.”  “Why did you put sporting events, TV, cars, houses, food…before Me?"

Here is a good one.  “What did I tell you about keeping the Sabbath day holy? Six days you will labor but you will rest on the seventh. I blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.  It took me six days to make heaven and earth and everything in it and then I rested on the seventh.  Why didn’t you?

Then there is this one. “I told you not to covet your neighbor’s wife, house, ox, ass nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.” 

I don’t know about you but this conversation is getting worse by the minute and God hasn’t even gotten to the parts that I thought I did a good job of covering up.
 
The quote above makes this very easy to understand.  “We are never held accountable for what we are not the author of.”  One day God will get tired of our sin just as he did in Noah’s time.  The thing is our punishment will be far worse.  I think drowning would be preferable to burning forever in eternity. 

God gives us the opportunity to repent and come back to Him.  He also gives us a way back to Him.  There is a quote by Adrian Rogers that has stuck with me over the years.  He says, “I wouldn’t trust the best fifteen minutes I ever lived to get me into heaven.”  This is so true.  Even on my best day I fail and fall short.

Jesus is our way back to Him.  He didn’t give His life for nothing.  He gave His life so that we could have everything.  When will we come to our senses and will it be too late?   Lay down your life for Him because He has forever in mind.

 
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I sin every day.  There is not a day that goes by that I don’t sin.  I want to be more like Jesus but I will need Your help because I am weak and all too human.  Forgive me Father for I have sinned over and over again.  I need Your help.  Fill me with the Holy Spirit so that when I start to sin again I will know in my heart what path to take that will draw me closer to You. 
       

Scripture: Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment