Friday, June 8, 2012

Attitude

Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer



Sometimes I have a bad attitude and when that happens most of the time it has to do with my computer.  I had a snafu with my blog day before yesterday.  It looked perfectly fine when I viewed it yesterday but I came in today and it totally did not make sense.  All the terrific thoughts that I had written yesterday are somewhere in the blackhole of my computer.  I read it this morning and thought about all of you reading my blog and thinking where did she get that. 

I think that computers should have not only a backup but also a reverse.  They should also have a warning sign posted that says "Beware, you will never figure me out so don't even try". 

If I let the wrong attitude lead my life, I will never be what God intends me to be.  The attitudes that I reflect to the outside world also reflect what is in my heart. The condition of my heart is the most important thing that I can work on in my Christian life.  It will reflect to non-believers what it means to be a Christian.  If we are not careful our attitude can do more harm than good for those around us who don't know God.  I want my attitude to reflect a godly heart but I will never accomplish that if I don't fix myself from the inside out. 


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, help me with my attitude.  Help me to understand that my attitude can affect everyone around me and that I can choose the attitude I reflect each day.  Help me to be kind and patient and to be aware when my attitude takes a wrong turn.  I pray that you will give me a godly attitude and not allow the devil to gain a foothold.  Attitude can make or break me. 

Scripture:   Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:11-13 

No comments:

Post a Comment