Thursday, June 21, 2012

Seeing God in Everything


Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket, then counting your blessings before they hatch. ~Ramona C. Carroll


This morning I was driving to work and I saw the most beautiful sunrise over the lake.  I immediately thought of God and how amazing he is to have created this world we live in.  So as I am driving along I am thinking about how amazing God is and what he created. 

Do you ever notice how Satan works when you are contemplating God and all he has created.  His ability to distract us is amazing.  This morning I am driving along enjoying the sunrise and listening to my favorite Christian radio station when the car in front of me runs over a box in the road.  This box was big and at least it was flat.  Well the box flies up from under the car in front of me and attaches itself to the front of my car. 

I am in the middle of the tollroad with a big 4' x 5' flat box attached to my front grill.  The top of the box is flapping on my hood and the first thing I thought was how did that thing hit my car at just the right angle to get stuck to my grill.  Then I thought, people are probably staring at me wondering why this lady is driving her car with a box attached to the front of her car.  Then I thought how am I going to look driving up to my office with a big box stuck to the front of my car, then I thought where could I stop to get the thing off my car before I get to work, then I thought I can't litter so I need to throw it in the back of my car.  You see how distracted we can become by stuff.  I know Satan is joyfully watching me become distracted by stupid stuff. 

When I finally stopped myself long enough to really think, I started laughing.  I understand that there are times when certain distractions can be beneficial.  Well, as I drove up to the first stop light the box sort of just slid off the front of my grill.  The only thing that was holding it on was the wind and my speed. 

The next time you are studying God's Word or meditating on His creation, beware of the distractions Satan may throw your way.  He is like a roaring lion waiting to devour us.

Prayer for the Day: Father, thank you for reminding me that you are the most important part of my day.  My time with you is to be cherished and help me to not be distracted by anything Satan may throw at me.  You are amazing and your creation is amazing.  Help each of us to appreciate the incredible gift you give us each day. 

Scripture:  Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2

 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 1 Peter 5:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment