Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Bridge

Praise the bridge that carried you over. ~George Colmany



Our pastor once did a sermon about the bridge that Christ represents to us.  He drew a picture of two mountains with a deep chasm that seperated the two.  This is where our lives are before we become a christian.  We are seperated from God by this deep chasm and the only way to cross it and meet God is through Jesus Christ our Savior.  The cross is what made it possible for us to cross to the other side.  Jesus is the bridge that carries us over. 

When I think of this illustration it reminds me of how grateful I am to God for sending His son to die on the cross of my sins.  That cross represents my salvation.  So I praise the bridge that carried me over.  That bridge is Christ the one and true Savior.   

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us a Savior.  He had no sin, yet died for my sin.  I cannot fathom a love so deep or wide or high.  The death of your son on the cross allowed me to see You.  Thank you Father for your mercy and grace. 

Scripture:   He has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.  This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.  And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher.  That is why I am suffering as I am.  Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrused to him until that day.  2 Timothy 1:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment