Monday, February 4, 2013

A Dog Chauffeur

 
When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer. Corrie Ten Boom
 
 
We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.  C.S. Lewis
 
Hot news tip for the day.  In New Zealand they are teaching dogs how to drive.  The reason behind this is that the SPCA has teamed up with a group to teach dogs in the shelter how to drive in an effort to make them more adoptable. 
 
This started me thinking.  God wants us to depend on Him for everything.  Not just when things are falling apart around us.  God wants to be in the driver’s seat of our lives.  What this means is that He is in control and we aren’t.  What it also means is that we have to let go of our perception that we are in control because honestly we are not in control and never have been.  We can convince ourselves that we are the boss of ourselves and that we are the master of our own universe but have you noticed that just when you think everything is going your way that is when something happens to throw a kink in the works.
 
What we often fail to realize is that God is driving and we can slam on the breaks or jerk the wheel to the left or right but God is in control and sometimes the very disasters we face in this life are Gods very blessings in disguise.
 
So the irony of this is our thinking we are in control is like giving our dog the keys and asking him to drive us to work.  Do you really trust your dog to get you to work in one piece?  Not so much.  So why do I think I can do a better job at running my life than God. 
  
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I love my dog dearly but I don’t trust him to drive me anywhere, but I do trust that You know what is best for me and having You in the driver’s seat is where I want You to be.  Thank You for the trials you bring my way because they remind me that You love me enough to mold me to be more like You.
 
Scripture: Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.  Isaiah 48:17

No comments:

Post a Comment