Thursday, February 14, 2013


God Speaks in Everyday Things   

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others.  A. W. Tozer
I was talking to my husband yesterday and we were discussing my devotionals.  He asked me where I got the idea for the STP Motor Oil devotional.  I stopped and thought about it a minute, then I said God gave it to me.  I consciously make it a point to think about God in everything I do.  I don’t always have a subject lined up for the next devotional and sometimes my mind is a blank canvas or as I sometimes say, an empty vessel, notta, nothing up there. 

This morning was one of those times.  I am walking down the hall to the office kitchen to toast my pop-tart and I am talking to God in my head.  It went something like this. “God I don’t have a subject to talk about today.  Please give me something.”   And there it was.  Hanging on the wall throughout our office are posters.  The one right outside the door of the kitchen is called Teamwork.  The one right around the corner from that one said Service.  Another one down the hall said Opportunity.
This is what the Christian life is all about.  We are each part of a team.  God’s team is the body of Christ.  We are placed here on earth for service and we need to take every opportunity to help build God’s team with our service. 

I decided to walk around the office to see what other signs I could find.  There was Believe In Yourself, Whatever it Takes and Make it Happen.  There also was Honesty, Integrity and another that read Excellence.  Another one said “Everything in life takes risk, You can’t steal second base with your foot still on first.” 
The Christian life is not easy and God never promised it would be.  He did promise that he would be there with us.  If we never leave first base we will never know what it feels like to win in this game called life.       

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the courage to step out in faith.  You are the source of my strength. Help me to remember to always turn to You with whatever comes my way because I know through You I can do anything through Your strength.  Thank you for opening my eyes to the things around me that show me a glimpse of You.
Scripture:   As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.  If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.  1 Peter 4:10-12

 

No comments:

Post a Comment