Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Great App   

No sin which we are capable of committing has ever taken God by surprise for He knew we were just like that. Alan Redpath
Did you know there is a new App that will send you a message when you start to go over your monthly budgeted electricity usage?  I admit I don’t know anything about Apps or even if I have them on my phone.  From past devotionals, you know I am not a technological wonder.  I am more like a technological blunder looking for a place to happen. 

Anyway, I heard there is this App that will notify you by text when you are about to go over your budgeted electricity usage.  I have a question though.  What are you supposed to do once you receive the text?  Are you going to turn off everything in the house until the end of the billing cycle?  What a plan.  No lights, cooking, everything in the refrigerator spoils, and here is a biggie, no TV.  We might all have to sit around and actually communicate with each other in the dark. 
What if God had his own App?  This one would warn you when you are heading into sin territory.  I have a feeling my phone would be texting me quite often.  In reality we do have several Apps that God uses to get our attention.  There is the Family Members and Friends App that notify us when we are going down the wrong path.  Then there is the Holy Spirit App that places guilt in your heart when sin approaches.  The most important is the God App.  This one is critical but we often miss the message all together.  He is constantly speaking to us but we turn the phone off.  We decide we know what is best for us so we ignore the God App and do what we know is wrong. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You try to get my attention every day but I am often distracted by the noise of the world and the sin in my life.  Maybe I need a day without electricity to quiet my mind long enough to have a conversation with You.  I praise You for your love and for having mercy on me.        
Scripture:   Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.  You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:14-18

No comments:

Post a Comment