Monday, July 9, 2012

Choices


Decisions become easier when your will to please God outweighs your will to please the world. ~Anso Coetzerife


Every day we are faced with choices.  We choose to get up each morning, the route we will take to work, the food we will eat for lunch or dinner, the people we will spend time with each day and sometimes doing nothing is our choice.  

The most important choice we will ever make in this life is to choose to follow Christ.  God makes it easy for us to do but many of us fight it every step of the way because we think the things of this world will make us happy.  I praise God that I don't have to go through what Christ did for my salvation.  I am not required to be nailed to a cross with a crown of thorns around my head and hung from a cross until the last breath leaves my body. 

If you ever start to think that God doesn't love you, remember the opportunity he provides for us to choose life after death.  It will be the most important choice of your life and the best decision you will ever make.   

Prayer for the Day: Father, You give me the ability to choose to follow You.  Thank you for providing a way for me to live with you forever in eternity.  Help me to not be distracted by the world and the things it can provide because it is not everlasting but temporary.  I praise Your Holy Name and the Son who died on the cross for my sins in order to give me life.  

Scripture:   For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment