Wednesday, July 11, 2012

God's Love


The dying Jesus is the evidence of God's anger toward sin; but the living Jesus is the proof of God's love and forgiveness. ~Lorenz Eifert 


I awoke this morning thinking about God's love.  There is no other like it.  For many years I searched for an earthly love to fill an emptiness inside me.  You know the one I am talking about.  The emptiness that doesn't ever seem to be filled.  I searched for this love in human likeness.  The problem is human's are sinners and imperfect in their love to each other.  We fail and hurt each other and the confusing thing is we think this is the only love there is on this side of heaven so when one person fails us we move on to the next still searching for that ellusive love.

One day I finally realized what I was missing.  It wasn't something that my parents, siblings, boyfriend, husband or any other human on earth could provide.  God's love is the only thing that will fill your empty heart.  The thing is, once you realize this you become more forgiving of those around you who fall short.  A by-product of this love is that it overflows.  God's love is so great and so vast and so wide that it never ceases.  This love is available to each of us in abundance.

So this is what I pray for each of you.  That you come to know that God's love is never ending, never changing, available always and free.  No one can take it away from you and you don't have to spend a fortune to get it.  The truly amazing thing about God's love is that he continues to give it to us even when we don't deserve it.  God gives us the freedom to choose His love.  If you have never felt unconditional love before what are you waiting for?  He is there waiting with open arms.
 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, many of us are searching for love in all the wrong places.  You are the source of love that is never ending.  I praise You for loving me even when I am at my most unloveable.  Thank You for loving me even when I sin.

Scripture:   Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep.  You, LORD, preserve both people and animals.  How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!  People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Psalm 36:5-9

No comments:

Post a Comment