Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tell Your Story


Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.  ~Robert Louis Stevenson
 

If you have lived any time at all on this earth, you have a story to tell.  You have so much to share whether it be suffering and laughter, loneliness and sorrow, happiness or forgiveness.  Have you perfected your story?  What you will tell someone else if they ask you why you believe the way you do?  

Several years ago, I am sad to say, I would not have told my story to anyone.  I didn't think my story was worth telling and I honestly didn't think anyone would want to hear it.  Isn't that how Satan works in our lives?  He convinces us that what we have to say isn't worthy and that nothing we can say will plant a seed in someone else's heart that will help them to come to know Christ. 

I am thankful to be able to say that I no longer have that fear.  I have shared my story with so many people and what I found was that people were thirsty.  Thirsty for God knowledge.  What we have to keep in mind is that the only way some people will reach heaven is by the seeds each of us plants.  But we have to start gardening now and there is no time to waste.  There are hungry souls waiting to be fed and you just may be the person to plant the right seed.  Can you imagine getting to heaven and talking to one of the people whose soul you helped save?  Besides seeing God face to face, I can't imagine anything I would like to see more.

     
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, you give each of us a story to tell.  Our purpose here on earth is to bring souls to heaven.  I pray that you will help others understand that they have an amazing story to tell and sometimes the suffering they may go through is teaching them to help others.  Father, you have an amazing way of teaching us sometimes through hardship and sometimes through laughter.  Thank you for showing us the way home.   

Scripture:  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Psalm 107:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment