Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life's A Puzzle

 

Sometimes our puzzle is missing a piece.
 

     
Have you ever put together a puzzle?  One of the things I find interesting is that I always start the puzzle with the outside.  Once you have the frame, you can then begin to start piecing together the inside.  Have you ever put together a puzzle and come up with a piece missing.  Somehow that one piece got lost and now you feel like all that work to get the thing together was a waste because it isn’t complete. 

Our journey with Christ is very similar.  Our life is not complete without God in it and the thing is, He is the most important piece of the puzzle and sometimes that piece is missing.  Our whole life is like putting together a puzzle on an empty table.  I dress up and go to church and I say the right things and look like I’m living the way God wants me to but on the inside I am missing something.  So the frame of my puzzle is together but the inside is empty. Then I determine that I have not forgiven someone, or I treat someone harshly, or I gossip about someone, I don’t tithe, I don’t help others in need, I don’t love my neighbor as myself.  So gradually I start working on each piece one at a time.  As I work on each piece (my journey with Christ) my puzzle starts coming together.  But it is still not complete.  God is the center piece.  He is the most important part of the whole puzzle and without Him we will always be frustrated looking for that last missing piece. 

  
Prayer for the Day:  Father, I thank you daily for the grace and mercy you show me when I am putting my puzzle (me) together.  If I allow you to guide my steps and let you into my heart, I know one day my puzzle will be complete as long as the center piece is You.  Please help me with the missing pieces of my puzzle.     

Scripture:  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  Against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment