Sunday, August 12, 2012

Advertisment


Let advertisers spend the same amount of money improving their product that they do on advertising and they wouldn't have to advertise it.  ~Will Rogers

 
 

I am not sure what we did before commercials came along.  I have figured out that I have lots of problems if I believe what the advertisements tell me.  Also, if I believe what the advertisements tell me, they have a cure for all of my issues.  I can buy a car cheap, furniture with no interest for a year, vitamins that will cure my every ill, makeup that can remove wrinkles and make me look 20 years younger.  I can save money by spending more, if I use my reward card I can buy more for less. If my hair turns gray I can solve it by coloring it.  According to the advertisements, I can grow stronger, live longer, save energy, and insure everything from my home to my car and even my pet.  

The thing is if I really think about it I don't need any of the stuff that advertises it will fix any problem I have in my life.  I only need to put my faith in one thing and that is God.  He is always there, loves me as I am and can provide the only thing I really need, salvation. 


Prayer for the Day:  Heavenly Father, I am guilty of buying into many of the things that are advertised.  Please help me to always turn to you for provision. Remind me daily of the many things I have to be thankful for and keep me from buying into the worldly things that are not important.  You give me salvation and that is priceless.      

Scripture:  Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.  I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. Philippians 1:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment