Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rent to Own


There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.  It is God's finger on man's shoulder.  ~Charles Morgan


I saw a sign while driving home from work today.   It said "Tires and Wheels for Rent."   I have a long drive home so I have plenty of thinking time and a lot of my thinking time is spent thinking about God.  So I started thinking about why you would rent tires and wheels.  What would have happened if God had decided to just rent us but didn't really want us long term so instead of paying off our debt, he decided to leave us in this sinful world forever?  That scares me. 

What if Jesus had decided to listen to Peter when he told Jesus it would never happen to him that he would die on a cross and be raised from the dead.  If you look at it from that perspective, we really dodged a bullet. 

God's love for us was so great that he would give his son to die on the cross in human form only to be raised from the dead.  All of this so that we sinners could be saved and live forever in heaven with Him.  We see the ugliness daily in this world we live in, but my joy lies in knowing that one day I will see His face and rejoice. 
  

Prayer for the Day:  Father, I often take it for granted that you gave your only son to die on the cross for my sins without deserving it.  Thank you for loving me enough to not forsake me.   

Scripture:  From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.  Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

No comments:

Post a Comment