Thursday, August 9, 2012

God's GPS



Sometimes, perhaps, we are allowed to get lost that we may find the right person to ask directions of.  ~Robert Brault 

 

Have you used a GPS lately.  Sometimes Betty can be pretty irritating.  Betty's the name I give the woman in the GPS.  I know I can't be the only person who ignored what the GPS said because I thought I knew better than she did where I was going.  She told me to turn right at the next light and so I look at the picture on the GPS and it shows a road where there is none.  So you pass the road you were supposed to take and then she starts recaculating.  Who came up with the stuff they use on the GPS anyway.  Why didn't they just say "You shoulda turned" or "you missed the turn bozo" or how about just "I'm suprised they let you drive".   I'm thinking some sarcastic comments might make the drive more fun.  

The most important GPS you will ever have was given to us by God and it is called the Bible.  It gives us all kinds of helpful directions.  But have you noticed how we have a tendency to ignore it too.  We start wanting to be in control so we decide to ignore what God tells us to do and do it our way.  Have you also figured out that some of the everyday common people in your life are another form of GPS?  If you look closely you might find they are better than Betty at giving you direction and they don't recalculate.

If you are directionally challenged, ask God to show you the way. He might just send someone you never expected. 


Prayer for the Day:  Heavenly Father, I have lived a life of wanting to be in control.  The thing is I never have been in control, I just delude myself into thinking I am.  I praise You for showing me grace when I try to go my own way.  Draw me back to You.      

Scripture:  not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.   But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.   Since the Amalekites and the Canaanites are living in the valleys, turn back tomorrow and set out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea. Numbers 14:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment