Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Termite Truck


Some primal termite knocked on wood;
and tasted it, and found it good.
That is why your Cousin May
fell through the parlor floor today.
~Ogden Nash

 

You see a lot of interesting things on the freeway.  This morning was no exception.  I saw a termite truck this morning on my way to work.  How did I know it was a termite truck you ask?  Because it had termite antenna.  Yes, you heard me right.  The truck was bright yellow and the antennas were black and red and were attached to the roof of the truck. 

This started me thinking about termites.  They can be very destructive.  They will come out of the ground and into your home and eat the foundation that holds the structure together. The thing is most of the time you won’t even realize they are there and then the house will crumble around you.  A great example of this is if you have ever ridden out in the country and come across an abandoned barn or old house and the structure is leaning precariously to one side.  It will only be a matter of time before it collapses. 

Satan gets into our foundation the same way and is more destructive.  We make a decision to do something that we know is against God’s will and our structure leans a little.  Then we rationalize a sin and it leans a little more.  Then one day we sin again and the whole thing comes crashing down.  The problem with Satan is when he invades our structure, it is not just our home that we lose.  It is our salvation.

 Prayer for the Day:  Heavenly Father, I am guilty of allowing Satan to invade my life.  I want to live a life devoted to You.  When Satan tempts me I pray that you will remind me of what is at stake so that I don't make the wrong choice.  Help me to always choose You. 
    
Scripture:    “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.  The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.  They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:40-42

No comments:

Post a Comment