Friday, August 17, 2012

Utility Transfer


There come times when I have nothing more to tell God.  If I were to continue to pray in words, I would have to repeat what I have already said.  At such times it is wonderful to say to God, "May I be in your presence, Lord?  I have nothing more to say to you, but I do love to be in your presence."  ~O. Hallesby



Have you ever tried to transfer utilities?  I called this morning to do that as a part of my job and this is the scenario.  I called at 8:10am.  I’m thinking that this would be a good time because there wouldn’t be as many people trying to call that early in the morning.  Not true.  All representatives were assisting other customers. 

These days when you call a utility company you don’t get a live person to speak with.  Instead you will get the automated machine and that went something like this.  “You have reached Utility Company X”.  “Please state your account number”.  Since I didn’t have an account number there was not an option for that so I said “Don’t have one”.  This confused the automated machine because he then asked me for my social security number.  Well since I don’t currently have an account with them I didn’t see how he would be able to find my non-existent account with my social so I said “Don’t have one”.  So more confusion sets in and he asks me for my zip code.  I stated the zip code and he says, “That is an invalid zip code”.  So then the machine repeats the request for my zip code so I give it to him again.  He is unable to locate that zip code so he tells me to hold for a representative which then brings me full circle back to the “All representatives are assisting other customers.  Please hold.”

As usual, this started me thinking about God.  God is always available.  He won’t put you on hold while he helps another sinner, he won’t transfer you to another representative who is already on another line.  He won’t ask what your sin is and then say that one doesn’t exist or that one is too tough to handle.  Above all he won’t give you instructions that don’t work, and you don’t need to keep repeating your requests because he heard you the first time even if you didn’t state it clearly, he knows what is in your heart.  God is available 24/7 and he hears all of our requests.  He may not answer them in the way we think he should but then he knows what is best for us so that is a good thing.

Prayer for the Day:  Father, thank you for always being available to listen.  It always amazes me when I think of the number of people that pray to you daily and you hear every prayer.  What an amazing God you are and I am forever thankful for your presence in my life. 
    
Scripture:    if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.   I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.  2 Chronicles 7:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment