Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Hidden Blessing



If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.  ~Frank A. Clark

 

I was thinking about the obstacles we each face every day in our life journey.  We sometimes complain or moan because something in our life has created an obstacle in our path.  The key to understanding obstacles is that they have purpose.  They are there for a reason and the reason is not for us to drive around them, walk by them or run the other way.  Obstacles are meant to teach us about life and to build character in us.  

God really does know what He is doing.  For thousands of years he has been placing obstacles intentially in our path to mold and shape us to be more like Him.  Without the obstacles we could not learn from cancer that we can survive.  We would not understand that after the loss of a loved one we can survive and be an even bigger influence on those around us struggling with their own obstacles.  

This is the piece of the puzzle that is missing if you have never struggled through tragedy in your life.  It is how we choose to handle the tragedy or loss that will shape us into what God intended us to be.  So, the next time you think about complaining about a circumstance in your life, turn it around.  Praise God for allowing you the opportunity to grow through it.  You will not regret it.   


Prayer for the Day:  Heavenly Father, I am guilty of complaining when obstacles cross my path.  I praise you and thank you for the challenges you place before me that will make me stronger in the end.  You know me so well and will never give me more than I can handle.  Thank you Father for the blessing of obstacles.   

Scripture:  "When you cry out for help, let your collection of idols save you! The wind will carry all of them off, a mere breath will blow them away.  But whoever takes refuge in me will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain.” Isaiah 57:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment